Hola Guys!!! This year instead of making New Year’s resolutions that I’ll probably forget by the second week of 2019, I have decided to reflect on my 2018.
Amidst all the financial struggle, career doubts and emotional roller coaster I learned a lot of tough lessons the hard way in 2018 but it made me a better person. It definitely wasn’t easy but I chose to look on the bright side of things. In spite of several hurdles I was adamant to write this blog post for my readers which is meant to help reflect on the previous year and create New Year’s Goals for 2019 that you’ll actually accomplish and Alhamdulillah I succeeded.
There were 12 new chapters with 365 chances in 2018. I wouldn’t say that I took advantage of every day but took baby steps. I am sharing some Major things that 2018 either taught me or made me blissful about.
Let’s dive right in!
2018 – Previous Year
- Travelling solo: So guyssss here’s the big news!! I traveled to Dubai solo for the first time EVER in my life in April 2018. All of you out there might have traveled alone several times but for me it was huge thing. Trust me when I say that solo travelling is the celebration of freedom. It teaches you to be modest and also come out of your comfort zone. <3
- Associations with toxic people are a Silent Killer: You can pour all your energy into keeping such people content but they’ll never be satisfied for long. You have to let them go and they are constantly taking energy away from you and leave you empty. Sadly, they won’t let you stay afloat in the ocean of life. I took the right decision of moving on swiftly, cutting ties and transformed my life.
- Officially a Khala <3 : This was BIGGEST happiness 2018 brought me. My best mate-cum-sister had a baby doll this December and guess what I am her Khala-cum-God Mother 😉 Say mashaALLAH.
- Appreciated at work 😀 : This was also a great achievement for this year. Was awarded as Employee of the month at work.
- Watched Junoon’s Reunion: Had grown up listening to this Ah-mazing sufi-rock band’s music and I was lucky enough to witness their reunion in 2018. *tears of joy*
P.S: This is not it!!! There were several little good things (read: achievements) that were unlocked this year that helped me grow. Overall, if you aren’t happy with how the year turned out, ask yourself why.
2019 – New Year
Now, lets talk about the upcoming year 2019 and designing it right. I’m a firm believer in implementing changes in your life real time. But there’s something about the New Year that makes you feel like you get a fresh start with your life as Aristotle said:
You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
Before you get started, ask yourself certain questions: What did you learn in 2018? How have you changed/grown in the previous year? What mistakes did you make? How can you fix those mistakes for the New Year? What would you like to change in 2019?
Once you have reflected on the previous year and answered these questions, design your goals for upcoming year and start working towards that SPECIFIC goal. Don’t just exist or wander aimlessly as nothing could be achieved this way. Be fierce. This is your year to Sparkle!
Bonne Année to all my readers!! Cheers to a New Year and another chance for us to get it right 😉